Mold Maker Apprentice
Come join our expanding operation on a team where you will be given the opportunity to learn and achieve your potential! Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company, is seeking a Mold Maker Apprentice to work on our North American Tool Build Team. Phillips-Medisize is a leading global outsource provider of design and manufacturing services to the drug delivery, consumable diagnostics, medical device, and specialty commercial markets. The successful candidate will have the opportunity work within a clean environment in our newly updated shop with high quality equipment! Come join our team today!
This is a training program to build the skills needed to become a competent journeyman status tool builder. The successful Mold Maker Apprentice will satisfactorily complete requirements of the Phillips-Medisize Mold Maker Apprenticeship and will develop the below capabilities.
Shift: 1st Shift
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead the construction of complex new mold builds; responsible for all aspects of the mold manufacturing
- Build and repair prototype, market entry and production molds to efficiently meet production needs
- Provide support by building molds to support new manufacturing business
- Assembly and disassembly of all components required in mold manufacturing process
- Set up and operate tool room equipment, including manual and/or CNC
- Subcontract to vendors providing the required information in concurrence with mold manufacturing managers
- Schedule work to meet due dates
- Support other mold manufacturers, apprentices, and engineers
- Repair and revise molds and secondary tooling
- Troubleshoot mold problems and help keep production molds in efficient operating condition
- Troubleshoot and assemble manifold system
- Maintain tools so they stay in correct working order
- Minor maintenance on machines in tool room
- Help keep tooling area clean and organized
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate’s or Technical degree in machine tooling or similar discipline
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of plastic injection molds
- Knowledge of part and component drawings
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
This role is not eligible for VISA sponsorship