This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionTitle: Account Manager, Automotive Tier 1 Wiring
Primary Purpose: Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Sales Account Manager to manage, sell, and promote all Molex products and capabilities at an assigned Tier 1 Wiring customer(s) and/or territory. Interface directly with the customer and Molex internal Tier 1 and OEM teams.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell and promote Molex products by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects. Meet or exceed account growth targets with respect to profit and project pipeline.
- Develop and implement a sales plan for an assigned customer(s) and/or territory.
- Align and execute account strategies and focus alignment with Global account strategy.
- Call on potential customers to broaden customer base.
- Identify and develop new product opportunities and present to Business Units for necessary support for long term profitable growth.
- Collaborate and align with Molex division, Business Units, and Product Management teams to develop and drive profitable growth across Molex product lines.
- Continuous development of technical product knowledge/skills to effectively sell a wide breadth of Molex offerings.
- Assist customers by supplying information related to samples, delivery dates, part drawings and specifications, quality issues, credit issues, etc.
- Properly maintain all company equipment such as company car, computer, sample kits, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Abilities
- A self-motivated individual who can successfully manage and prioritize own workload with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to understand customer needs and effectively sell solutions to both the customer and supporting Molex Business Units.
- Ability to effectively build strategic customer relationships across a broad span of roles to maximize Molex’s ability to win business.
- A sound understanding of the automotive and electronics industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively via email, phone, face to face, etc. Ability to influence others both within Molex and the customer base.
- Project a professional and credible image, well respected in the marketplace.
- A strong aptitude for understanding electronic systems and the value Molex products bring to the customer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Teams, software.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of relevant sales/account management or product manager experience within the automotive industry at an OEM or Tier 1 automotive supplier
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Teams, software
- Experienced in connectors, terminals, and or cable assemblies
What Will Put You Ahead
- Sales experience calling on an automotive Tier 1 customers.
- Engineering or Product Management experience in the automotive industry.
- Fundamental understanding of plastic injection molding, metal stamping, wire harnesses, cable assemblies, and assembly processes, for connector and mechatronic assemblies.
- Understanding of OEM/Tier 1 modules including body, safety, and powertrain components.
- Knowledge of the automotive customer base and industry, and/or passive electromechanical components. Prior usage and knowledge of SAP and/or Salesforce CRM systems
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.