Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is currently looking for a Data Architect to work with our Information Technology (IT) Team at our Wichita, KS headquarters. The IT team is a vital component in KES’ strategy to improve business performance through the application of technology and profitably transform our business. Working as an integrated group with the Engineering, Operations, Commercial and Financial teams that design and maintain facilities. Our team functions as a startup entity within our enterprise to develop innovative solutions and build a market for their solutions through transforming KES work processes.
As a member of the Information Technology team, you will need to thrive in a fast pace and innovative environment. You will collaborate to develop solutions and prove their value through experimentation and scalable deployment in our business. Collaboration, creativity, and focus on attaining positive business results will be necessary skills. Like an employee of a startup, you will need to be resourceful and capable of partnering with market solution providers that can accelerate progress of our business objectives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Advise Data Engineers on a day-to-day basis
- Define and refine data strategy by working closely with Solution Architects, Business Process Transformation Team, and Application Development Leadership for alignment
- Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate simultaneous tasks/projects
- Experimenting with new technologies and solutions, identifying ways we can use technology to create superior value for our customers
- High initiative and a passion for driving rapid technical advancement
- Collaborate with a diverse IT team including business analysts, project managers, architects, developers, or vendors to create or optimize innovative technologies and solutions
- Provide data architecture guidance for various project teams
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
The Experience You Will Bring
- The ability to adapt to new problems and successfully operate within an experimentation environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and ability to work within cross functional teams
- Strong economic thinking skills
- Self-motivation and the persistence to create value through work process transformation
- A positive attitude and the innovative thinking skills to turn the impossible into capability
- 3+ years’ experience in writing SQL queries against relational databases (SQL Server, Postgres SQL, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience in building multi-dimensional databases, cubes, and data warehouses
- 3+ years’ experience in building data pipelines or ETL processes
- 3+ years’ experience in tuning queries for performance and scalability
- 2+ years’ experience as Data Architect responsible for defining data strategy in alignment with business objectives/outcomes
- 2+ years’ experience developing and maintaining data roadmaps, data standards, data domain structures and defining data assets types
What Will Put You Ahead
- Understanding of Meta Data & Master Data Management concepts & practices
- Experience working with enterprise data stores, data lakes, external data sources and APIs
- Experience working with remote teams spread across the globe
- Experience with broad set of analytics use cases; one or more of supply-chain, finance, sales and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred
- Experience in AWS native tools set (S3, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda, Python, etc.)
- Experience working or leading Agile Teams
- Experience with Infor platform
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf