Electrical Controls Engineer
Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Electrical Engineer in Corsicana, Texas!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working with teams to plan, implement, and prepare manufacturing locations for new equipment and processes.
- Improving yields, lowering costs, and increasing manufacturing uptime by supporting existing facilities.
- Creating contracts for equipment acquisition and construction.
- Write electrical specifications and make electrical single line diagrams and layout drawings to select electrical contractors.
- Read and work with construction drawings.
- Provide the plant support through preventive maintenance for electrical distribution systems.
- Work to support and troubleshoot issues with control systems including PLC programming, and interface systems to PLC’s such as MMI, SCADA and other.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience within a manufacturing setting
- Experience working with basic power distribution for 600volt class systems (motor control centers, distribution panels that feed auxiliary support equipment and lighting, and AC substation transformation).
- Experience with higher voltages (15KV and above) is helpful but not required
- Understanding of emergency power generation systems.
- Experience in the applications and uses of variable speed drives and associated operator interface devices.
- Understanding of the National Electric Code and experience in obtaining electrical permits and assisting with electrical inspections.
- Practical experience with industrial field control devices, pressure transmitters, thermocouple options, motorized valves, proximity sensors, etc.
- Experience with complex projects; ability to analyze problems quickly; development of corrective actions.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate across multiple levels including but not limited to maintenance and production departments.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with higher voltages (15KV and above)
- 3 years or more within a manufacturing setting
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf