Global Business Development Director - CORDURA® brand
For over 50 years, CORDURA® brand fabrics have empowered consumers to boldly take on their world. From mountain summits to city streets, the world’s leading brands in the outdoor, workwear, and apparel industries look to CORDURA® for best-in-class fabric performance. Brands such as The North Face, Carhartt, Reebok, Levi’s, and many more. CORDURA® fabric is even utilized by the world’s leading militaries to protect their soldiers.
We are constantly focused on the innovation and transformation of the CORDURA® brand – to make it more powerful for our brand partners and the consumers that engage with them. That is why we’re looking for a Global Business Development Director to join us on the journey.
The Global Business Development Director will have oversight of the Business Development team for CORDURA®’s Consumer business globally, which covers markets such as Workwear, Active & Outdoor apparel and Casual apparel.In this role, the Global Business Development Director will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that result in step change growth for the business. It is expected that this leader will develop data-driven go-to-market processes and build a strong understanding of market unmet needs to inform solution development.
The Global Business Development Director must possess a strong entrepreneurial mindset and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic business.
If this sounds like a role for you, we have a fantastic opportunity at INVISTA’s Kennesaw site. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a leader that drives the evolution of a fast-growing brand and takes the business to new heights.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, direct and oversee all aspects of the business development team for the CORDURA® Consumer business globally
- Use a data-driven approach to develop growth strategies. Communicate and generate alignment with these strategies amongst direct team, broader organization and leadership team.
- Develop and establish disciplined, best-in-class commercial processes to execute on growth strategies and deliver impactful business results.
- Design and execute rapid experiments aligned with overall business vison & strategy to test value-in-use for CORDURA® and identify future growth opportunities.
- Build strong understanding of customer unmet needs to inform future solution development.
- Develop strong relationships with and collaborate with Marketing, Account Management, Product Development, and R&D leaders within the organization to drive an integrated go-to-market approach.
- Provide input into the development of sales tools to enable a more effective communication of CORDURA® brand value propositions.
- Challenge and help shape the Vision & Strategy of the global CORDURA® business
- Participate as integral part of Global CORDURA® business team responsible for creating and implementing business, marketing and sales strategies designed to increase the NPV of the CORDURA® brand
- Advance the development of culture including continuous improvement and transformation
Provide input into CORDURA® brand marketing strategy based on learnings from interactions with brand customers, value chain and organization partners, media, industry thought leaders, and others.
Represent the CORDURA® brand to key customers and other market players (e.g., supply chain partners, media, industry organizations, etc.)
Work closely with leaders in the organization such as Business Directors, VPs, Presidents and C-suite
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or related disciplines
- Experience managing a sales team or previous experience developing and executing a sales strategy
- Experience improving sales process or driving efforts to improve customer value
- Experience with performance fibers, fabrics or related materials
- Ability to travel up to 50% including domestic and international
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with ingredient brands
- Experience building a highly effective sales team from the ground up
- Proven ability to build lead generation tools and resources
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf