Sr Engineer, Field Application - Mechanical
Keep close communications with key customers and feedback VOCs to Internal team.
Provide mechanical application support to help customers find the proper interconnection solutions, including involvement of new parts qualifications and failure analysis.
Keep eyes on market trends. Support marketing activities in terms of new product development.
Extend the application chances of Molex advanced and new technologies.
Develop/Seek new or advanced technologies in mechanical application support capabilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- On Field Support Sales to design win key projects and grow Biz by professional application service.
- Provide optimal connector solution according to customer's application scenarios and customized concept proposal in time according to customer's expectations.
- Resolve complex mechanical application related technical problems to meet customer needs.
- Support failure analysis, especially for new win projects. Collect all related factors on-site, coordinate with Quality and Development team, allocate all resources to solve the failure.
- Support new parts qualification by the customers. Clarify all specs. Figure out different conditions behind the specs between customers and Molex. The goal is to pass the qualification.
- Be up-to-date with customer’s voice on high speed connector requirements and industry trend on ICT field.
- Participate the market competition analysis.
- Disseminate/share customer information to Sales and Marketing teams
- Build and maintain good relationship/trust with key engineers of customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- This job supports DSS Taiwan customers and win key projects.
- To help support new and existing products that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Provide VOC information for new product development to catch up with customers’ requirement and market trends to generate revenue and growth for Business Unit
The Experience You Will Bring
REQUIRED: •Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent PREFERRED: •MS in the above fields
•At least 5 years of related working experience for a degree holder
- Designing and supporting high speed electrical interconnect system
- Familiar with Telecom and Datacom Hardware equipment like Server, Storage, Switch etc.
- Soldering or PCBA manufacturing experience.
What Will Put You Ahead
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A self-driven and well-organized person with a high initiative and the ability to work independently
- Strong professional skills and team sprit
- Demonstrated ability in information analysis problem solving and sound judgment
- Good verbal and written skills for exchange of information in a clear and concise manner.
- 3D mechanical design tool – UG is preferred
Experience with 3D modelling software such as NX/ ProE.