Production Worker - Lumber
Georgia-Pacific is seeking candidates for Production roles at our Lumber mill in Gurdon, AR. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning you will be subject to seasonal temperatures. As a Production Worker, you will learn multiple operator functions. You will also be responsible for operating power equipment and hand tools to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Learning to operate machinery to expected performance levels
- Acting as a relief operator to cover other employees' breaks and vacations
- Keeping the work area clean throughout the shift to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
- Assisting team members throughout the mill during production times
- Providing coverage for operators who are absent or on vacation
- Performing basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least six (6) months of previous work experience
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to our attendance policy
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- One (1) year or more of experience working in the lumber or timber industry
- Experience operating mobile equipment, e.g.; forklifts, bobcats, cranes
- One (1) year or more of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least six (6) months of work experience in a farming, carpentry, construction, or military environment
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour. Opportunities for advancement . Excellent benefits package.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf