Instrumentation and Controls Lead
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is now hiring for an Instrumentation and Controls Lead to join their team in Katy, TX.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Liaise between Project Management, field construction, and Automation subcontractors to ensure timely delivery of plant instrumentation and process controls.
- Support the provision of all documentation pertaining to the specification, quotation and purchase of devices is updated and readily available.
- Support the scheduling and purchasing of all instrumentation and control systems for projects.
- Support the specification of instruments to ensure compliance with OPD and client specifications.
- Assist in the provision of budgetary estimates on future projects.
- Support the provision of updates and status of instrumentation and control system design and construction on current projects to the Project Managers.
- Support the purchase, tracking, and expediting, as necessary, of all required instrumentation in order to meet project deadlines, including relief valves, control valves, metering and analytical instrumentation.
- Ensure all documentation and procedures pertaining to field checkout and startup are complete and accurate.
- Define subcontractor’s scope by developing/reviewing all I&E engineering/design work and coordinating with project management. This also includes reviewing the subcontractor’s additional work and scope changes.
- Directly assist the Instrumentation Specialists in the specification, procurement and provision of all metering and Gas Chromatograph equipment and provisions.
- Assist and support the review invoicing of purchase orders to ensure correctness and on-time payments.
- Support the provision to the field with all necessary calculations for the calibration of instruments.
- Provide field support when necessary and attend equipment FAT's as required.
- Review P&ID's to ensure correctness and consistency in the representation of instrumentation, control loops and control functions.
- Be able to gather all necessary process information to ensure the specified instruments will work correctly, reliably and assign the correct range and settings.
- Support the identification of potential instrumentation and controls problems and resolve them.
- Responsible for the creation and revision of I/O lists, Control System Narratives and Cause and Effect Diagrams, including range and settings management.
- Coordinate between document control and instrumentation specialists along with the vendors to ensure all required documentation has been acquired for the issuance of job books
- Conduct all business affairs lawfully and with integrity.
- Purchase, track, and expedite as necessary all required instrumentation in order to meet project deadlines, including relief valves, control valves, metering and analytical instrumentation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Being a Database End User (creation, modifications, data entry, report creation/generation/ automation)
- Knowing Instrumentation and electrical concepts, processes, and equipment
- Using application software for business purposes (i.e. MS Office)
- Reading P&ID, Material Safety Data Sheets, Electrical drawings HYSIS Process Model Data and Process Line Lists
- Utilizing Data Management Techniques
- Performing statistical analysis and running simulations of product
- Interfacing at various levels in an organization, and with external customers and vendors to desired results or better
- Supporting a project team
- Working in the heavy industrial manufacturing industry
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Instrumentation, Electrical Engineering, or Process Engineering.
- Experience being on a project team
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience supporting Natural Gas Customers
THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO VISA SPONSORSHIP
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf