Koch Specialty Plant Services, LLC is currently seeking a Piping Superintendent to work at a client site in Channelview, TX. Relocation assistance will not be provided. Role is not eligible for Sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Strong knowledge of pipefitting, tools, procedures, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of pipe fabrication and installation, pneumatic and hydrostatic pressure testing, and mechanical completion
- Ability to lead and organize multiple piping crews
- Plan and schedule all piping work and ensure coordination with other crafts
- Being a safety role model for the team
- Enforcing KSPS and client specific safety policies and procedures on the jobsite
- Anticipate and recognize potential safety and environmental concerns and report them to the OPD Superintendent.
- Providing records of work completed to the KSPS superintendent
- Communicate with KSPS Superintendent as required for material requirements and to schedule NDE for pipe and vessel welding.
- Plan and schedule the pipe sequence that will be installed per area foreman.
- Verify pipe is designed to client specifications.
- Investigate and assist with resolving RFI’s that are submitted by General Foremen.
- Communicate with QC on weld changes and NDE requirements.
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 3 years of experience as a general foreman
- Must be able to read, write & communicate in English
- Current TWIC card
- Must be able to read and interpret isometric drawings, orthographic drawings, P&ID’s, and all construction related documents and plans
- Previous experience in a gas plant construction environment
- Previous experience leading multiple piping crews
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote areas at times.
- Must be willing and able to attend and/or lead employee safety meetings
- Must be able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day and 7 days per week
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five or more years of previous experience as a general foreman
·Candidates must be willing and able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations
·Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights
·Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
·Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams are required
The job will primarily be on or around construction/turnaround sites in pulp and paper facilities and include possible hazardous environments such as confined spaces and working at heights. Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, irritants and smoke may occur. Special Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be necessary to control some hazardous environments. Additional forms of PPE may be required depending on the particular project. Safety requirements must be verified and meet standards set forth by client permits, policies and procedures, and be performed in compliance with all federal, state and local laws or ordinances before work activities can begin.
Koch Specialty Plant Services, Inc. (KSPS) is a world leader for providing tower, vessel, and mass transfer equipment services to the refining and chemical industry. We attained this leadership position by applying Market-Based Management®, our unique business philosophy that combines core values with a focused business approach. Integrity, compliance and customer focus are paramount to our success and KSPS' industry leading position as a specialty tower, vessel and mass transfer internals service provider has been solidified in the market place because, quite simply, ''We do what we say we can do''.
There are many ways to define value. For KSPS, meeting our commitments and exceeding customer expectations are key measures when it comes to quantifying the true value of a deliverable. Unlike anyone else, KSPS has the ability to integrate people, experience, discipline, knowledge, and our unique Market-Based Management business philosophy to deliver the best value proposition in the industry.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf