Are you a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as a Journeyman Millwright in Toledo, OR. These positions are a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity. We are very interested in learning more about you!
The Journeyman Millwright position starts out with a pay of $35.60 per hour with a raise to $37.16 per hour after 120-day probationary period with completion of multi-craft training or demonstrated multi-craft skills. Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, a Monday through Friday scheduled with overtime opportunities, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities and no travel required.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Assisting crew members working in a team environment
- Keeping work area clean before, after, and throughout shift
- Maintaining all safety guards on equipment and following all lock out/tag out procedures to promote a safe working environment for all employees
- Performing assigned preventative maintenance tasks
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- One or more of the following:
- A minimum of five (5) years of maintenance mechanic experience
- An Industrial Mechanical Maintenance Certificate from an accredited vocational/community college with a minimum of three (3) years of maintenance mechanic experience
- Completion of an approved maintenance mechanic apprenticeship program or equivalent with at least two (2) years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Able to lift 50 pounds routinely
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 hours/day in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy, and high-volume environment
- Supporting our safe working environment by maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations and wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints
What Will Put You Ahead
- Assisting in operating equipment when needed
- Experience in a machine shop, automotive shop, or as a crane operator
- Experience with Reliability/Precision maintenance
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf