Logistic Coordinator (fixed term contract)
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC) is a global leader in emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our expertise includes: burners, flares, flue gas treatment, gas recovery, landfill and biogas systems, thermal oxidizers, vapor control, heat transfer, oil, gas, and liquids separation, treating and conditioning, combustion monitoring and turnkey services.
Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer and more economical way.
We are seeking a Logistics Coordinator, to work in our Vimercate office (Italy). This is a fixed-term contract (one year with possibility of permanent contract).
What You Will Do In Your Role
You will be responsible for implementing programs to obtain the most efficient freight transportation at the most economical cost while maintaining required compliance, safety, service and security levels. Perform, administer, and provide technical and analytical work related to planning, development, and execution of compliance and logistics policies and programs.
Corporate responsibility includes:
- Conduct daily activities to protect self, fellow employees, contractors and customers from injuries with the understanding that safety is a fundamental expectation of each John Zink Hamworthy employee.
- Understand and strive to meet or exceed the quality metric targets in own area of responsibility as defined in ISO 9001.
- Be accountable for continuous improvement activities to enhance customer satisfaction, to ensure that our business processes are effective.
- Adapt and implement logistics and compliance policies, plans and strategies.
- Coordinate as required with internal customers (project managers, etc.) to gain full understanding of shipment requirements, (ship to address, consignee, etc.) and customer expectations.
- Manage the organization, planning and preparation of a variety of transportation (import, export, express, road, airfreight, sea freight, oversized) options. Reference all necessary detail (PO, contracts, etc.) to ensure all requirements are completely understood to minimize delays, mistakes, risk and non-conformances.
- Prepare freight budget proposals, rate quotes and RfQ to support sales and forecasting.
- Negotiate with carriers to obtain lowest overall cost while maintaining required service levels.
- Facilitate win-win situations according to the project specifications and requirements.
- Represent the Company’s position in disputes, such as rate and charge disagreements.
- Direct, analyze, and advise on transportation matters that impact service and cost.
- Work directly with customers and or their shipping agents to prepare and execute shipments.
- Search for the most suitable means of transport (groupage / express / sea / road) and search for the most appropriate forwarding company according to the Project specifications and requirements.
- Manage the expediting and tracking of shipments when necessary.
- Organize shipment and requirements of projects when payments are covered by Letters of Credit, Sight Drafts, etc.
- Manage the preparation, collection and timely distribution of all shipping documents (COO, BOL, FTA, Packing Slips, Invoices, etc.) necessary for shipment execution.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Logistics knowledge
- Planning and organize resources to deliver required objectives in a defined situation
- Dealing with international trade activity
- A solid understanding of government regulations related to transportation (Incoterms 2020, specific regulations for import and export etc.)
- English level upper intermediate (will be tested)
- Capability to work in a high demanding multicultural team
- Problem solving
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree
- A previous experience in multinational company as logistic coordinator