Georgia-Pacific is seeking a contribution minded Senior Accountant to join our Accounting Services Team in Atlanta, GA. This position will engage, challenge and provide fulfillment to a candidate with strong critical thinking skills and economic focus; that enjoys collaborating with others, and who seeks to originate ideas that can provide new insights for our business. Specifically - this role will drive value for Georgia-Pacific by proving month end close support, as well as accounting reconciliation and analysis to the Consumer Products Business. You will work with our offshore team to ensure reporting is accurate and timely, while you partner with key stakeholders and identify opportunities for process improvement and value creation.
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. GP Harmon is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform month-end closing activities in a timely and accurate manner, including but not limited to journal entries, accruals and business reports as well as ensure compliance with company policies and meet closing deadlines
- Perform monthly/quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations, investigate differences, and determine solution to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Support the offshore accounting team to ensure all intercompany transactions are balanced and suspense accounts are zero at month-end
- Understand the full cycle processes, review and approve desktop procedures and provide support during month-end close
- Review large volume of data and find discrepancies using multiple systems, follow up until resolution is in place
- Provide ad hoc information support and analysis to other departments (Tax, Audit, Corporate, AP, etc.)
- Create value through process improvement and standardization
- Work within the SAP-S/4HANA system, preparing and uploading key statistical figures
- Work with external auditors and support annual audit process
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or a related Business field
- At least 3 years of previous experience in an Accounting, Financial Analysis, or related role
- Previous experience with overall Accounting functions (G/L, Intercompany Transactions, Account Reconciliations, Journal Entries, Variance Analysis and Month-End close) and GAAP requirements
- Experience providing ad hoc analysis and reporting from a large volume of data, that originated from different systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365; that includes Excel (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formula creation)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Accounting or Analysis experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience collaborating with and providing support to an offsite/offshore vendor
- SAP and/or SAP S4Hana experience
- Experience using (Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx) or other data visualization software/tools
- Process Improvement / Process Transformation / Process Implementation experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf