HR Manager – Plant (Emporia, VA)
The Georgia-Pacific Building Products division is seeking a Human Resource Manager to join their team in Emporia, Virginia. The Human Resource Manager will work in partnership with all levels of the organization and is expected to be a strategic business partner for facility leadership regarding human resources, driving human resource initiatives. designed to support continuous improvement of performance in the facility. This position will provide an opportunity to engage in all areas of human resources: employee relations, recruiting, compensation and work force strategy and will be designed to drive continuous improvement of HR and facility metrics.
This position will be located in Emporia, VA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure employees connect with how they create value for the company; Identify talent gaps (individually and organizationally) that are obstacles to superior results and coach supervisors on the development of gap closure plans
- Partner with manufacturing plant leadership, considered an effective and valued business partner in advancing our MBM culture to best attract, motivate, develop, and retain a diverse group of employees
- Provide strategic guidance to leaders in areas of change management and employee development
- Foster knowledge sharing culture to profitably improve efficiency and consistency for GP, and to discover untapped value
- Enhance various GP HR systems such as: myHR, GHR, Talent Management Tool and Tableau metrics.
- Drive innovation with employee retention plans, onboarding and offboarding, Management of Change process, total compensation, workforce planning and many other HR related processes.
- Proactively coach and come along side Leaders to drive results through the disciplined application of MBM®
- Prioritize work tied to the greatest value opportunity. This will include continued automation of transactional work and leveraging shared capabilities across the business.
- Be “forward thinking” to anticipate needs and issues before they arise.
- Identify HR Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance
- Partner with other HR Leaders across Georgia Pacific to share information and best practices
- Foster healthy Union relations at the facility
The Experience You Will Bring
- Strong HR and business acumen including problem solving, critical thinking and self-initiative
- Influence lasting change in our organization by serving as a change advocate on companywide strategies, initiatives, and retention
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 3 years of experience in a human resources generalist or manager role
- Experience working with coaching and influencing senior leadership
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 4 years of experience in a human resources generalist or manager role
- Previous HR experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience working in a unionized facility
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf