Flint Hills Resources Renewables is seeking to add a Plant Engineer to the team at our Fairmont, NE Biofuels plant. The Plant Engineer will support various plant projects. If selected, your project leadership will demonstrate a solid commitment to all aspects of the environmental health and safety, an ability to communicate effectively, and a willingness to be adaptive to change.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Working with project sponsors to develop objectives and project scopes
- Develop and own the Project Execution Plan and Construction Execution Plan
- Develop and own the project budget or Authorization for Expenditure (AFE)
- Execute expense and capital projects ranging from $100K to $5MM plus
- Assist regional project managers in execution of large capital projects, with exposure to executing large capital projects commensurate with capabilities
- Reviewing contractor deliverables, including safety and quality and resolving technical issues during scope development, design, and construction
- Assisting the Innovation Leader with the management of project planning, including resource-loaded scheduling
- Leading the project management delivery system (PMG), in addition to serving as the site level subject matter expert for PMG best practices
- Provide root cause failure analysis of Reliability related problems
- Reliable team member to work hands on with mechanical team
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical engineering field or higher
- 3 years small – mid cap project experience
- General knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations for both construction and manufacturing environments.
- Familiarity utilizing software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and CMMS
- A current and valid driver's license
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working within a stage-gated project management process
- 5+ years project management or construction management experience working in a heavy industrial operating facility (e.g. Refining, Chemical, Mining, or Power Plant)
- Experience with practical application of PSM requirements, including Management of Change and Pre-Startup Safety Review
This position is not eligible for VISA Sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf