Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Quality Value Yield (QVY) Technician for our Lumber Mill in Gurdon, AR for the night shift working 5:30/6pm – 5:30/6am!
The Quality Value Yield (QVY) Technician is responsible for supporting the lumber manufacturing mill in continuous adherence to quality control initiatives through the implementation and management of data collection systems, data analysis and process improvement to maximize product value and yield of the facility. Collaborate with key personnel to create a performance-driven organization based upon accurate data and best practices. Provide training to plant site personnel on statistical tools, analytical test methods and operation of quality systems.Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Machine adjustment to ensure target lumber size is maintained.
- Daily process checks of scanners, stacking, package and stamp quality
- Work with kiln coordinators to ensure lumber moisture data is accurate
- Monitor auto grader to stay within specifications on above and below grade
- Update and distribute the QVY dashboard daily
- Maintain reporting/documentation to meet and/or exceed SPIB (Southern Pine Inspection Bureau) requirements
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues and developing action plans to correct non-conforming conditions
- Work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Strict Adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in a quality position in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Willing and able to meet the physical and safety requirements of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- APA (American Plywood Association) certification
- SBIP (Southern Pine Inspection Bureau) certification
- Wood products manufacturing experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf