Manufacturing Integration Engineer
Manufacturing Integration Engineer
Location- Bangalore, India
Who We Are:
Molex is a leading global supplier of innovative electronic solutions that create value for our customers and society. We are committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, builds innovative automotive connectivity products and our manufacturing integration team develops the manufacturing processes that enable those solutions.
Who We Are Looking For:
Molex CMS product team is seeking a Manufacturing Integration Engineer to develop and launch manufacturing processes for the large pipeline of new products we are bringing in our plants located in China and Philippines. Ideal candidate is a smart, quick, positive, and confident collaborator. As a MIE, you know the exhilaration that goes along with the first run-at-rate, and you know the pride of building a zero-defect process. You are a great performer. If you share our passion for creating value, if you are entrepreneurial and customer focused, we would like you to join our team.
You will be a member of our cross functional design team and work closely with the front-end manufacturing integration engineers and other partners that build our automotive electronic products. These parts are getting faster, denser, smarter, and more complex with every evolution. In this role, you will be responsible for setting the manufacturing strategy, designing the production processes, and managing our tooling and automation suppliers as they build and deliver our lines and tooling. The result or your effort will be the flawless launch of a robust manufacturing process capable of meeting our customers’ requirements.
- Participate in DFA/DFM activities along with cross functional team. Provide manufacturing plant’s feedback based on lessons learned and continuous improvement efforts.
- Work with front office MIE to put together manufacturing strategy.
- Work with equipment vendors to during equipment design, development, testing and qualification. Collaborate & apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Actively contribute to equipment FAT and SAT runs.
- Participate in equipment design reviews. Solicit observations from operators and technicians.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Keep communication between the plant and the front office MIE and CFT teams up to date. Serve as a voice of BU and front office MIE in the plant.
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing process design. Knowledge of various manufacturing assembly processes like screwing, soldering, dispensing, crimping, welding is essential.
- 5 Year working experience in automation design and process
- Ability to understand customer technical needs, specifications and advanced automotive architecture and effectively provide solutions to both the customer and present these opts to Molex Business Unit
- Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD
- Familiarity with automated manufacturing equipment
- Must be able to travel up to 20-30%, including potential international travel.
- 3+ years in automotive tier-1 advanced manufacturing development and design.
- Experience in cable processing industry is a plus.
- BS in Industrial, Control System or Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering disciplines.
What We Offer:
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work