Georgia-Pacific in Diboll, TX is hiring a clean-up Utility! Successful employees in this role work collaboratively with a team to perform various manual tasks safely. General Laborers are responsible for supporting the production of lumber products while ensuring quality standards are upheld.
This facility manufactures multi-dimensional lumber products to meet customer needs. To learn more about the type of products in Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products division makes, please visit www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate a variety of clean up tools – Blowers, pick-axe, pike poles, broom, shovel, wheel barrow, air lances and other mill tools
- Create a safe workspace by maintaining cleanliness in assigned areas
- Contribute to a team environment by assisting as required on production floor
- Work in challenging, high-volume environments (heat, cold, humidity, grease, dust, noise, etc.)
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year of experience or more working in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, production, or manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work GRAVEYARD shift of up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety PPE
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year of experience or more working in the plywood, lumber, or timber industry
- Experience operating around rotating equipment
- Experience conducting or attending safety meetings in a manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or GED
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf