Georgia-Pacific’s Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS) organization ensures that the company's mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips to sustain its tissue, packaging, paper and building products manufacturing operations. W&FS operates in some 15 U.S. states, and sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional, or individual landowners.
We are seeking a Procurement Forester to support the Talladega Lumber mill. The position will be based in the Central Alabama area where the mill is located. This position will be responsible for working with timber harvesters and forest landowners to acquire logs for the Talladega Lumber mill.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Implementing sourcing and pricing strategies pertaining to the procurement of wood and fiber for a manufacturing facility
- Evaluating wood purchasing opportunities using analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Working to build strong business relationships within operating areas
- Assisting to drive process improvements and presenting innovative solutions to recurring issues
- Ensuring all transactions are properly documented and distributed
- Working in conjunction with W&FS team to monitor and manage all levels of raw material acquisition to include: Administrative, Capital Employed, Transportation, inventories and Wood Cost
- Ensuring compliance with all health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures
- Actively representing Wood & Fiber Supply and the facility operations on local and regional sourcing initiatives
- Work independently with limited Supervision.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Forestry, Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Willing and able to travel 10 to 15%
- Comfortable working forestry environment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Advanced degree: MBA, MFR, or similar degree
- Wood procurement experience
- GIS technology familiarly
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf