Project Manager – Richmond, IN
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking a Project Manager for our Color-Box® business, which manufactures high-graphic, corrugated boxes in Richmond, Indiana. The Project Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager. Our project managers are the cross-functional, collaborative force behind our commercial business. They partner with commercial sales representatives during the product development phase (from design request and/or creative brief) and attend to the workflow processes through final shipment. This position serves as an integral member of the Color-Box® team with direct accountability for the project management and on-boarding of significant new accounts.
Project Management Team Vision: Be the single-source, integrated facilitator for all new customers and initiatives. Own the processes, communicate the results effectively, and drive customer-centered projects that create virtuous cycles of mutual benefit.
To learn more about the GP Corrugated Business, check out these videos/links:
What You Will Do In Your Role
Work with commercial sales team
- Understand the client's vision, needs, and requirements. Coordinate customer approvals to meet timelines and communicate expectations.
- Set timelines, create and maintain processes, and effectively communicate solutions.
Work with design and manufacturing
- Understand the proper layout with all qualities that facilitate successful printing and finishing that will minimize waste and maximize the quality of the finished product.
- Manage the process while the subject matter experts own the tasks.
Work with the sales support team
- Manage and coordinate administrative tasks including requesting structural drawings, graphics, proofs and samples, supply orders, purchase orders, etc.
- Coordinate approvals with the various stakeholders inside and outside the organization by facilitating communication among different production sites, vendors, customer representatives, and the sales team.
Be a Principled Entrepreneur
- Communicate effectively in person, by phone, or electronically to inform the sales team or customer of the project status. Help orchestrate meetings or visits to complete the project on time and in full.
- Facilitate meetings and conference calls to coordinate project activities and inform everyone of project status.
- Drive quality and delivery with vendors.
- Be a lifelong learner with a keen awareness of opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Share your knowledge freely and openly.
- Share lessons learned and continuous improvement opportunities.
Grow in humility
- Always be reflective.
- Be aware of your opportunities to grow.
·Ideally the candidate will be seated in the Richmond facility; however position is eligible for remote work.
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of (1) one year or more experience in project management
- A minimum of (1) one year or more experience using Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience analyzing data and making decisions.
- Interest and experience speaking to groups, teaching, or training.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in a leadership or high-volume sales position.
- Experience in the corrugated packaging industry.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high volume, made to order/stock manufacturing environment.
- Three (3) years of experience managing large, strategic-account projects.
- Project Management Certification (PMP, CAPM, etc.)
- Six-Sigma training (Green Belt or higher, preferred)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf