Test Engineer (Intern)
This job posting is no longer active.
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies - Test Engineer (Intern)
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
We are looking for a Test Engineer for a 6-month internship to join our Product Development Test Engineering team. You will plan, coordinate, execute, and compute the data from tests. You will interface regularly with members of a highly diverse team. Successful candidates will have excellent communication, enjoy getting things done, and will excel at developing professional relationships with the team.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Act as a champion of the Genesis Robotics brand, vision, and guiding principles.
- Test planning and design: you will interact regularly with other members of the engineering team across various functions to understand testing objectives and convert these objectives into a structured test plan. You will develop test plans and protocols for verification testing, performance testing and development testing where required. Accelerated stress tests will be an important component of the role as well.
- Test Execution: understand all aspects of a test plan and execute this plan with efficiency. Anticipate roadblocks during the execution phase and work to mitigate these before they come up. Be willing to evolve test strategies in response to new information acquired through the life of the test.
- Post-test data processing and analysis: compile test data from different sources over varying periods of time and be able to tell a practical story using the test data as a table of contents. You will evaluate and interpret data to draw conclusions as well as inform other members of the engineering team on test results. Make recommendations to engineering team and manufacturing team based on test results. Perform failure investigations using test data as a tool.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to think critically, creatively, and outside of the box when approaching test challenges.
- Adaptable to rapid changes in test objectives or in the overall testing environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working with and implementing LabVIEW code.
- Ability to maintain a safe and compliant working environment at all times.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced R&D environment.
- Exceptional communication skills and fluent in both oral and written English.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a test engineering (test planning, test equipment, test execution, data gathering and analysis).
- Experience with design and implementation of electronic circuits.
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 100+ individuals with diverse skillsets: PhD engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, and business development and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we are able to leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/ and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
This job posting is no longer active.