Service Technician II - Minnesota Region
This job posting is no longer active.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is now hiring for a Service Technician, preferably based in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area. This remote position will support a region including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, northern Iowa, and parts of Wisconsin. We are recognized for safety, environmental excellence, innovation, and customer service. As a Service Technician, this is a great opportunity to be part of a customer-facing support team. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer, and more economical way. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform checkout, testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning/startup of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to: pumps, motors, valves, actuators, transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Install, navigate, troubleshoot, and alter all types of PLC’s, PID loop controllers, VFD’s, HMI’s, and other control devices
- Provide phone and online technical support for other JZ Technicians and customers
- Provide end user training and participate in cross-training within the service department
- Provide recommendations on retrofit/modifications to existing equipment
- Carry a company cell phone and is on call for customer service as needed
- Complete all required service ticket information and obtain customer acceptance of services and parts provided
- Generate/modify technical documents & drawings to represent final field changes and corrections for commissioning of equipment
- Demonstrate safe work habits in an industrial environment
- Travel up to 75% of the time within the US, specifically in the Minnesota region and surrounding states
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years of experience understanding and applying National Electrical code (NEC)
- 2+ years of experience reading and understanding P&ID’s, fabrication drawings, and electrical schematics
- 3+ years of experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- High School diploma or GED
- A TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) will have to obtained within first six (6) weeks of employment
- Two (2) year technical degree OR 1 year of electrical experience or equivalent in a relevant field or military service
- Proven mechanical aptitude and ability to work independent to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Must be able to stand, stoop, reach, lift overhead, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds of weight
- Must be able to hear distinct sounds, visualize all colors of spectrum, and visually see up close and at distance
- This work is in an outdoor environment and consists of long workdays on occasion
What Will Put You Ahead
- Past work history traveling for work-related functions
- 5+ years of experience working on all types of industrial, electrical, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to: motors, valves, actuators, transmitters, and PLC equipment
- 5+ years of experience with electrical troubleshooting, including the ability to read schematics and wiring programs
- 5+ years of experience with safety, OSHA, and NFPA 70E
- Experience troubleshooting experience with 120, 220, 480 VAC, and 24VDC wiring and circuits
- Experience with Allen Bradley Control Logix, RS Linx, and GE Rx3i Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Capability of programming, calibrating, and configuring 4-20 MA loop devices.
- Two (2) or Four (4) year technical degree
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.