Research and Development Scientist
Are you looking to be part of the team supporting this exciting business? Applying experimental discovery methods and developing new ways to differentiate the performance of our fibers and fabrics is an important aspect of delivering against our business’ vision.
INVISTA operates airbag facilities in NA, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Centered in Kingston, our Airbag R&D team is focused on delivering and commercializing innovative solutions to the global business. The R&D team has recently delivered the Open Road ™ Fabric innovation.
Check out the New Website: https://www.openroadfabric.com/
This candidate will join the Canadian R&D team which supports our global Airbag business .Utilizing advance development facilities in Kingston, the role will focus on delivering innovative technical solutions to our global business and manufacturing facilities.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Delivering innovative market back solutions against business opportunities through planning and conducting experiments using our advanced development facilities
- Strong integration with global team including operations, and commercial functions
- Effective communication in team meetings, activity coordination, program updates, and leadership engagement.
- Development of both internal and external networks that will deliver rapid solutions
- Through a commitment to lifelong learning, keep up to-date with relevant scientific and technical developments
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.Sc. of Engineering
- At least 1 of engineering or science experience
- Experience in statistical data analysis and application of the scientific method
- Proven experience in delivering rapid solutions against business opportunities
- Willing and able to internationally travel up to 10% of the time
- Candidates must have physical condition and health compatible with duties of this role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Graduate level engineering degree
- At least 5 years of engineering or science experience, or a combination of both