Assembly Setup Operator
Shift: 3rd (11:30 pm to 6:36 am) Hourly Pay Range: $17.50 to $25.85 plus a $.50 shift differential
A great opportunity to use your mechanical and troubleshooting skills in a very clean, climate-controlled environment.
This position will monitor and operate assembly machines. Supply and assure the machines have the necessary material to operate. The job requires that parts are manufactured properly and process faults are corrected for proper operation. Perform machine troubleshooting and changeovers for correct part versions. Requires specific focus to Quality of Product and Efficiency of Output.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited too, the following:
- Verify and properly stage correct components to the assembly process.
- Operate and monitor the process to correct machine faults and verify proper assembly.
- Perform quality inspections and record information as required per work instructions.
- Record all required traceability and process information.
- Perform SAP transactions.
- Perform gage verifications and record information.
- Maintain and clean equipment including preventative maintenance.
- Package and label product as required.
- Communicate machine, product and process issues to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate with all team members in a professional and productive manner.
- Follow the requirements of the Quality Management Systems of which Molex is certified.
- Initiate, lead, develop and promote continuous improvement efforts, (QAP reduction, scrap $ reductions, equipment efficiency improvements, cost reductions, labor efficiency improvements and employee suggestions).
- Continually demonstrate the ability and willingness to take on extra tasks and added responsibilities.
- Assist with training others, while assisting Line Mechanics, Shift Supervisors and Unit Manager.
- Ability to independently manage prototype runs and other special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate proficient and accurate equipment and process troubleshooting skills.
- Perform machine changeovers including proper materials and tooling.
- Assist with detailed training and the continuous improvement efforts to meet department quality and output goals.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Electrical and or Mechanical experience.
- Ability to follow work instructions accurately.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates good mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, general maintenance and troubleshooting skills, and must demonstrate good workmanship and safety practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good communications skills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Continuing education or training in technical applications
- 18 months Molex Assembly Set-up Operator experience.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf