Based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries, LLC is a diversified, global company with a vision to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian Glass is a leading international manufacturer of float, value-added coated, and fabricated glass products and solutions for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications. SRG Global is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of advanced, high value coatings on plastics for the automotive and commercial truck industries, providing solutions for greater surface durability, structural integrity, functionality, vehicle efficiency and design flexibility. Guardian Building Products is a leading U.S. based distributor of specialty building products. For more information, visit www.guardian.com.
Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. We are presently recruiting for Production Operators, who will thrive in our culture.
A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance.
Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge.
Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions.
This position will be located at our Corsicana, Texas Float Glass facility just South of Dallas, Texas. If you are successful in the interview process please know that we run a complete pre-employment background and criminal check, and we do a drug screen. Guardian is a Tobacco-Free and Drug Free company. This role starts at a pay rate of $20.00 per hour.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Operate, monitor, maintain and trouble shoot the production line
- Understand and follow plant safety rules, and work safely at all times
- Perform manual labor
- Operate a forklift and crane
- Operate hand held power tools
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with Company standards
- Ensure quality product is sent to customers by completing quality checks
- Maintain reliable attendance
- Maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production, including the break rooms and rest rooms
- Other duties as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 to 3 years or more previous manufacturing experience
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shift schedule
- Work holidays and/or weekends on a regular basis
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Glass Manufacturing/Production
- Moving Equipment and machinery
- Operate a computer with training, read a tape measure, read written instructions, operate an automated workstation, and solve elementary mathematical problems quickly
- Stand or walk on concrete floor up to 12 hours
- Operate process equipment (ex. forklift, front end loader, etc.) with training
- Climb up and down stairs and ladders several times during the shift
- Work in crowded or tight spaces
- Work well with multifunctional groups
- Work in a fast pace work environment
- Work while wearing protective respiratory equipment and have periodic limited exposure to some airborne dusts
- Withstand intermittent exposure to warm/hot temperatures with proper personnel protective equipment
- Recognize small flaws in glass from a distance of 4feet with training
- Frequent squatting and bending at the knees, twisting from side to side, bending forward, and pushing and pulling objects
- Lift vertically and move laterally at waist height up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (30 degrees to 110 degrees, depending on season)
- Production Operator Schedule: 12 Hour Rotating Shifts (8a-8p & 8p-8a)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf