Transportation Planning Specialist-Support Shift
This job posting is no longer active.
KBX Logistics is looking for a Transportation Planning Specialist- Support Shift in Green Bay, WI. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with diverse customers. As a Transportation Planning Specialist, you will have the opportunity to create value by optimizing cost and services to create long term value within the supply chain. This is a full-time role that would require a schedule of working Saturday & Sunday with flexibility on the balance of other days. This is a first shift position working between 7 am – 5pm with flexibility on the hours. This position will be based in Green Bay, WI with a combination of working in the office and from home.
A successful applicant will have the following characteristics:
- Exhibit strong problem solving, and decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize day to day and longer-term responsibilities
- Ability to interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization and market
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Attention to detail/excellent follow through
- Results oriented
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage transportation process for specific plants/mills and primary distribution centers
- Build and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers, teammates, and carriers
- Utilize available system tools to manage cost, service, and capacity through optimization processes
- Understand market trends to assist in negotiation of spot quote process
- Manage carrier trailer pools and proactively identify gaps to prevent loading issues
- Analyze data to identify trends and determine solutions for improved service and/or cost
- Collaborate with teammates and carriers to identify service improvement opportunities
- Apply decision making and problem solving skills to resolve unplanned events with carrier, such as on time delivery delays and accessorial charges
- Understand and facilitate compliance with all state and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Increase efficiencies through creativity, experimentation and ideation
- Monitor emails of customers that have freight opportunities
- Acceptance of load coverage for newly Business Development load offerings
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word to write business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting and simple formulas, and Outlook for internal and external correspondence
- Work a Saturday & Sunday schedule (with flexibility on the balance of other days).
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations related role
- Previous experience dispatching or planning in the Transportation/Logistics industry
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics or related field
Who is KBX Logistics? KBX Logistics is the true transformer of the 3rd party logistics (3PL) industry. Waste is our enemy; status quo is our nemesis. Our mission? Create a competitive advantage for our partners by delivering logistics technology and solutions that others can’t or simply won’t. If disrupting an industry appeals to you, this company is where you belong. KBX Logistics is the product of over 100 years of evolution and revolution. We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and are currently one of the largest 3PLs in the US. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always be thinking bigger and better. We have more than doubled in size over the past 5 years and we’re just getting started!
What is it really like to work here? Imagine being a dynamic start-up with the resources of a top tier private company, all built on the solid foundation of a proven management philosophy. This perfectly describes KBX Logistics! Here, we know culture is key so Market-Based Management® is our North Star. Win or lose, we do it as a team. Each employee plays a pivotal role in our success and without their diverse ideas, challenges, and perspectives, we wouldn’t succeed. With change as the only constant, each of us is on a unique journey where no two career paths look the same. We empower our employees to realize their potential and hold each other accountable along the way. Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Are you ready to get started?This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.