Customer Logistics Specialist
KBX Logistics is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter Customer Logistics Specialist to join our Business Development team! We are looking for an individual who enjoys building and sustaining relationships with customers by working directly with them daily with a goal of growing the business. When in this role you get to have your hands in a little bit of everything! As acting as the face of KBX Logistics to our customers you will get the chance to monitor service, coordinate with customers and internal departments on initiatives, and so much more!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Acting as the "face" of KBX Logistics by being the day to day point of contact for assigned customers, and providing exceptional daily customer service through communicating effectively and proactively to our customers
- Monitor and track transportation shipments from order entry and acceptance, to final delivery
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers, and identify opportunities to grow business with existing customers
- Coordinate with customers and various internal departments to ensure service and cost metrics are met or exceeded while balancing profitability through utilizing available tools- including analyzing Power BI reports, and transportation management systems
- Manage projects within customers relationships, working to carry out customers' requirements while meeting company goals
- Using professional judgment to assess the impact of tactical decisions/actions on the client, and works to resolve customers complaints in an effective and respectful way
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customers' expectations and requirements, and anticipate key account changes
- Report and analyze key performance indicators, and through strategic planning implements action plans to eliminate root causes of recurring issues to drive down costs, improving service, and maximizing KBX profitability
- Present metrics on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, and customers
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years' experience in a transportation, logistics or customer facing position
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to travel up to 10% depending on start-ups
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1+ years' experience working directly with clients and customers
Who is KBX Logistics? KBX Logistics is the true transformer of the 3rd party logistics (3PL) industry. Waste is our enemy; status quo is our nemesis. Our mission? Create a competitive advantage for our partners by delivering logistics technology and solutions that others can’t or simply won’t. If disrupting an industry appeals to you, this company is where you belong. KBX Logistics is the product of over 100 years of evolution and revolution. We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and are currently one of the largest 3PLs in the US. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always be thinking bigger and better. We have more than doubled in size over the past 5 years and we’re just getting started!
What is it really like to work here? Imagine being a dynamic start-up with the resources of a top tier private company, all built on the solid foundation of a proven management philosophy. This perfectly describes KBX Logistics! Here, we know culture is key so Market-Based Management® is our North Star. Win or lose, we do it as a team. Each employee plays a pivotal role in our success and without their diverse ideas, challenges, and perspectives, we wouldn’t succeed. With change as the only constant, each of us is on a unique journey where no two career paths look the same. We empower our employees to realize their potential and hold each other accountable along the way. Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone. Are you ready to get started?
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf