Process Control Technician (Night shift)
Are you a Control Technician who is self-motivated, and committed to safety? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Control Technician in our Rome Georgia location. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and requires an understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Applying problem solving methods to identify the root cause and eliminate failures
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures, and actively participating in the safety program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Working with the operations and maintenance team to troubleshoot issues, address problems, and implement sustainable solutions
- Self-motivated, reliable, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and respect for others
- Understands and uses data to improve productivity
- Assist Process Control Engineers in the optimization of the manufacturing process
The Experience You Will Bring:
- PLC programming skills (Allen-Bradley PLC experience required)
- Ability to troubleshoot, configure, and repair all types of PLCs & HMIs
- Ability to troubleshoot, configure, and install AC and DC drives
- Ability to troubleshoot, configure, and install process instruments
- Able to read assembly drawings, schematics, and equipment layouts
- Hands-on mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Extensive PLC controls programming background to include servo experience, networked PLCs, and analog control
- Extensive HMI programming background to build new or modify existing HMIs on a variety of platforms
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain plant network systems
- Capable of troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits, and components
- Capable of troubleshooting pneumatic equipment, circuits, and components
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf