Principal Engineer 1, Molding
As part of the molding department, the main responsibilities are to manage and achieve set quality standards by the efficient control of manufacturing operations, by developing and maintaining good quality system. As a team leader to the molding team, you will lead molding manufacturing on day to day activities and provide technical solutions on new tooling development / testing / process optimization. You will assist in any projects, assignments, focal point of the department. You will be tasked to prioritize safety, environment, and housekeeping.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure Safety requirements and set standards are met in the department.
- Review daily production status with subordinates and provides recovery plans in the event of shortfall through follow up and regular meetings
- Reviews and monitor Quality performance to ensure all standards are met
- Manage and eliminate the waste generated due to quality Issues by quality improvement activities
- Initiate and manage productivity improvements programs
- Support on cost saving initiatives / projects / programs.
- Develops and initiate machines maintenance program for Molding machines
- Initiate and review meetings with recovery plans pertaining to Quality, Capacity, Costing and complaints
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety in the department at all time.
- Work closely with all operations to improve quality level.
- Responsible for the management of manpower for assembly department.
- Responsible for the machine output, product quality, machine yield and utilization for assembly department.
- To provide technical support to mold design and development and contribute in design reviews
- Work with Toolroom on fabrication and debugging issues
- Assist Design team / Toolmakers to debug new molds to meet committed schedules
- Work with toolmaker in preventive and predictive maintenance of molds
- Assists teams in solving issues with regards to housing or molds.
- Provide improvements plans and suggestion for molding issues & development
- Support department focal point / projects as required
- Prepare and support for Audit (Internal / External)
- Contribute to meet the GLSS (Global Lean Six Sigma) set target.
- Support HR on the Recruitment activities.
Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering field
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Mold Process Engineering and Production Management
- Knowledge on Moldflow simulation, analysis & develop appropriate action
- An experienced supervisor and team leader
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Production & Precision Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience