Sr Engineer 1, Project
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develops, documents, and maintains the Project Plans (Scope, Schedule, Budget, Risks, Success Criteria, etc.) for assigned New Product Development, Manufacturing Process Design and Implementation, and/or Continuous Improvement projects.
- Leads cross functional New Product Development teams through the execution, monitoring, and achievement of the Project Plan using Project Management methodologies such as Action Item Lists, Gantt Charts, Risk Management Plan, Team Meetings, etc.
- Proactively identifies, documents, and executes risk reduction activities to minimize Project Risks associated with Cost, Quality, and Timing that could negatively affect Project Plan achievement.
- Clearly and concisely communicates status of assigned projects to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Identifies and communicates project barriers to gain management action to remove.
- Advocate and ensure project team adherence to the Product Development Process and other related procedures.
- Maintains Planned and Actual Phase Dates in Molex Resource and Portfolio Management (RPM) system for assigned Projects.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems and Initiatives by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree,5+ years of related experience in product development activities (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and/or Sales/Marketing).
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams.
- Experience in project management with tier 1 automotive customers.
- Able to communicate in English both written and verbally.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively influence co-workers, management, and external contacts to drive positive outcomes to situations.
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and schedules among assigned projects.
- Individual and team organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize, and monitor workload.
- Proactive, and able to demonstrate initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong PC and Microsoft software skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.