PRODUCTION LABOR POOL
Production Labor Pool
Our Georgia-Pacific Containerboard facility, in Toledo, OR is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Entry-Level Production Laborers.
Entry-Level Production Laborers create value by operating paper manufacturing equipment, performing preventative maintenance, and mechanical tasks to produce a variety of products that are used in corrugated boxes and packaging for retail items. This role offers advanced training opportunities which can lead to increased career and compensation possibilities. Starting pay for this role is $22.89hr with opportunities for overtime and employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses and 48hrs of Paid Time Off, plus a $1000 sign-on bonus, upon successful completion of the probationary period. These roles work a rotating 12hr shift that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime.
To learn more about our Containerboard business visit:https://www.gp.com/product-overview/gp-packaging
What you will do in your role:
- Assisting department operators as directed during standard operating conditions and machine downtime
- Driving forklifts and skid steer loaders to move material throughout the production floor
- General housekeeping duties throughout the production departments
- Safely and efficiently working in a fast-paced, industrial environment that is hot, cold, humid, and noisy
- Performing tasks that entail lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, pushing and/or pulling for at least 12hrs per day
- Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience using a computer, laptop, tablet, or smart phone
- Experience working in an industrial, manufacturing, military, construction, finishing or logging environment within the last 10 years
- One (1) year or more of experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Forklift operating experience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf