Site Shift Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking a Site Shift Manager at our Victoria, TX plant to join our team.
The Site Shift Manager is responsible for leadership and direct supervision of a team of Console and Field Operators in the HMD/Utilities Reliability Center to meet Safety, Environmental, Production, and Plant Operating Cost goals.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Accountable for cultural development of Operations Team members to further the understanding and practice of MBM®.
- Articulate and drive the Operations Vision, creating a shared vision environment, and a culture of Principled Entrepreneurs with a contribution mindset.
- Transform Operations Team to drive the Operations Vision, understanding innate abilities of the team, enhancing Self-Actualization of team members; address talent opportunities (develop, hire, role change, exit).
- Provide employees on-going coaching and focused development that facilitates personal transformation.
- Motivate, influence, and drive good business decisions forward while working with a diverse workforce.
- Champion of Shift Runs Shift, accountable for results regarding Shift Runs Shift progress for the Operations Team.
- Enables team to accelerate transformation through creative destruction, embracing new technologies, and driving innovation.
- Select, develop, and retain the right people with the right values, beliefs, knowledge, and skills to optimize value creation from the Operations Team.
Process Safety & EHS Performance:
- Manage regulatory compliance, environmental, health, and safety standards of the Operating Units.
- Responsible for submittal of all required reports to regulatory agencies in a timely manner.
- Responsible for Incident Investigation Process (Enablon), RCA quality, and Corrective Actions to improve EH&S / Reliability of Assets.
- Develops and shares EHS metrics for the shift team, expands the team’s knowledge and capability in the Enablon System, accountable for incidents being entered timely and zero overdue investigations or action plans among Operations team members.
- Mentor & Coach for the Field Operations team around Compliance Systems, PSM Elements, and EHS Requirements.
- Responsible for managing risk in alignment with the site’s Risk Management Procedures and Process. Assigned Operations Team identifies risk, and an appropriate management plan is developed, communicated, and approved if operation is continued.
- Develop shift team capability for the Emergency Response Team including emergency response training, qualification, drills, Cyanokit staffing, and ability to lead incident response in the field as Incident Commander.
- Serve as alternate Site Facility Security Officer.
Production Performance, Reliability, and Operating Cost
- Accountable for the Operations team performance metrics: Personnel/Process Safety, Environmental, Production, Product Quality, and Reliable Operations.
- Develops team members and helps them understand the economics of their units and how that impacts our market competitiveness. They recognize all types of resources consumed and are focused on using fewer of them.
- Leads the Operations team to achieve site BETs by driving innovation, acting as principled entrepreneurs, and prioritizing and completing playbook initiatives.
- Provide team members with work assignments, training, feedback, coaching, support and development opportunities.
- Accountable for the Operations Team’s contributions towards achieving site BETs in Plant Operating Cost, Volume, and Yield improvements through leveraging capabilities of assigned team.
- Effectively communicate progress, plans, and issues with site and offsite leadership.
- Quickly assess operating gaps and take corrective action.
- Use benchmarking and best practices to drive value creation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Willing to work a 12-hour rotating shift or day shift as business needs dictate
- Able to climb ladders and stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Accessing elevated platforms by ladder (includes egress), accessing multiple floors of open structures by stairway (includes egress
- Accessing equipment by ladder or stairway
- Accessing and movement within tank farm dike and on unpaved surfaces
- Operating company vehicles
- Manipulating and donning respiratory protective equipment
- Donning flammable resistant clothing
- Periodic workdays in excess of assigned work schedule
- Periodic outside work in extreme temperatures at various times throughout the year
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma AND a minimum of 2 years of leadership / supervisory experience OR Bachelor's degree in a technical field AND a minimum of 3 years of experience in process, operations or reliability in a plant environment
- Ability to work a 12-hour rotating shift or day shift as needed
- Able to perform the physical requirements associated with this role
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in emergency response including IC, firefighting, hazmat response, rescue techniques, and/or medical response
- Experience relative to computer and production reporting systems (i.e. SAP, KRONOS, etc.)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.