Environmental Health and Safety Manager
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for overseeing a comprehensive safety, health and environmental process and provide the leadership and direction to ensure a safe and healthful work environment. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure the facility meets conformance with all corporate, state and federal safety and health standards.
- Assist in developing a production operation where safety is integrated into the day-to-day operations.
- Ensure effective communication with all levels of management and associates is established relating to all aspects of safety and health.
- Assist engineering to ensure all new equipment meets the company safety standards, the lockout EID are identified and placarded, the work station design does not create uncontrolled hazards, and hazard assessments are completed before the machines or equipment is placed into production.
- Assist management and purchasing in ensuring that each department has a chemical inventory, MSDS are provided and stored for each, and all associates are trained on the hazards and controls for those materials.
- Assist each manager and supervisor in providing effective safety training applicable for each department.
- Establish and train a safety audit team, administer the safety audit process, and chair the safety committee meetings.
- Establish a safety inspection process with each manager and supervisor and ensure the inspections are completed.
- Train and maintain an emergency response team as required by EPA, OSHA and DOT.
- Oversee the injury investigation process. Ensure that all root causes are identified and corrected, including near misses.
- Develop annual safety business plan, implement plan through the managers, and maintain statistics to help focus the safety effort in the areas needed.
- Assist the plant in developing site specific safety processes for all corporate wide required safety processes, i.e. hazard communication, hearing conservation, lockout, fall protection, lift trucks, etc.
- Complete Job Safety Analysis for each job.
- Complete hazard assessments for PPE, Lockout, Permit Required Confined space, Hazard Communication (new materials), new processes, and Industrial Hygiene needs. Conduct industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Maintain contacts with state and local regulatory agencies.
- Maintain 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response certification.
- Arrange for and evaluate required physical examination for employees.
- Coordinate yearly audiometric testing, as required.
- Must keep ISO14001 system in compliance and up to date and support external audits as well as perform monthly ISO14001 facility audits (includes environmental and safety issues).Must be certified as ISO14001 internal auditor.
- Insure compliance to water discharge permit and storm water permit.Do inspections, sampling and submit reports.
- Manage Worker’s compensation claims.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in safety and health or related field
- Qualified candidates will have 3 years of progressive experience in related job activity. Certification in safety, environmental, and health is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and software programs.
- Working knowledge of safety, environmental, and health regulations and requirements.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf