Service & Commissioning Engineer - Europe
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion (JZHC) is a global leader in emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our expertise includes:
- Flue gas treatment
- Gas recovery
- Landfill and biogas systems
- Thermal oxidizers
- Vapor control
- Heat transfer
- Oil, gas, and liquids separation, treating and conditioning
- Combustion monitoring
- Turnkey services
Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer and more economical way.
We are seeking a Service & Commissioning Engineer, to work in Europe. Ideally this person will be located out of home office in either Italy, France, Spain or Luxembourg.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- You will be responsible for the installation supervision, troubleshooting and maintenance recommendations to our customers as well as commissioning new combustion equipment at customers’ job sites.
- Apply operational and functional knowledge of register burners, duct burners or utility burners.
- Demonstrate good mechanical aptitude with the ability to learn complex mechanical systems.
- Interact with PLC’s, PLC logic, and HMI’s and have a basic knowledge of electrical design and wiring skills.
- Travelling on a regular basis to customer job sites.
- Become trusted adviser to the customer, applying solid interpersonal skills.
- Advise the customer regarding spare parts and suggest future service.
- You will be expected to at times to work at height climbing stairs / ladders or catwalks and work in outdoor environments at job sites and at times go inside confined places such as boilers.
- Responsible for meeting all the safety, health and performance training requirements.
- You must be actively committed to environmental, health and safety programs.
- As and when necessary to contact customers to help promote our products.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Background in mechanical / chemical/ electrical engineering field
- Ideally the candidate must have worked with register burners, duct burners or utility burners for a minimum of 2 years. If they don’t have this experience they must have worked in a related field in the oil and gas industry
- The candidate must be able to follow BMS and HMI programming and logic in PLC's.
- Have good verbal and written English skill plus their local European language.
- Ability to travel approx. 75% of the time.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in mechanical / chemical engineering from an accredited college or university and 5 years of equivalent work experience with register burners, duct burners or utility burners.
- Combustion Control programming language.
- Ability to work in unusual conditions, like climbing up stairs and ladders and work in hot and cold working environment, as well as confined places.
- Speak more than one European language.