This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Papermill Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Toledo, OR (Containerboard) supporting the paper mill department. This position will provide strategic and tactical leadership to achieve key operation objectives in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production, quality, and cost. The successful candidate will focus on safely improving productivity and reducing costs through process/equipment optimization and operator knowledge/skill improvement.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Drive a culture of safety and environmental excellence through critical hazard identification, risk reduction, and risk mitigation
- Work directly with operators, shift leaders and asset managers to meet the business objectives of the department
- Lead teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety, quality and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement
- Integral team member of outage planning and execution of routine and annual machine outages
- Understand, communicate, and align goals in the area of quality, production, safety and reliability
- Drive process & equipment modifications that result in improved product quality, reduced variation, and higher customer satisfaction
- Assist in development and implementation of capital projects involving process improvements to document and optimize efforts
- Utilize troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Utilize communication (written and verbal), organizational, and planning/scheduling/execution skills
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills (i.e. coaching, mentoring, counseling, directing, delegating, advising, collaborating, and influencing)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering AND a minimum of two (2) years of experience in field of study
- Experience with paper machine operations, including knowledge of paper mill processes, equipment operation and interfacing with maintenance
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
- Experience managing many high priority tasks/projects simultaneously
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) or more years of leadership or supervisory experience with responsibility for direct reports within a pulp and paper manufacturing operation
- Linerboard or medium manufacturing experience
- Experience managing in a labor union environment
- Data analysis and process optimization experience
- Experience with chemical process safety and/or sulfuric acid systems and processes in paper machine operations
Our Toledo facility is an integrated mill that manufactures containerboard, including unbleached linerboard and corrugating medium that is converted into corrugated boxes and packaging at numerous box plants on the West Coast from Washington to California and New Mexico. The packaging is used for a variety of products such as fruit, vegetables and seafood; consumer goods such as tissue, paper products, packaged food and beverages. The GP Toledo mill is the largest recycler of wastepaper (used cardboard boxes) in Oregon at over 500,000 tons recycled annually. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.