At Molex, we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. The mission of the Industrial Automation group at Molex is to drive and support the evolving needs of our global customers and partners in the (r)evolution of technology and platforms to support Industry 4.0. Our products and platform support customers in diverse market sectors, including robotics, plant automation and process control.
Molex’s Industry 4.0 Software SaaS Suite provides customers with a simple, scalable solution to configure, manage and monitor their automation needs. Along with a focus on simplifying the day-to-day of the world of automation, we have a laser focus on data privacy, software & system security.
We are looking for a passionate UX designer who can help to create a unified vision for the family of our software products.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Creating a great user experience across our range of software services on a cloud-based platform.
- Leading onsite and remote customer interviews, internal design workshops, research, and usability testing.
- Collaborating with the software development team to implement and integrate your UI designs.
- Assisting with mapping user stories into mid to higher fidelity wireframes, mockups and prototypes with interactivity
- Following, maintaining, and expanding our visual pattern libraries and style guides.
- Aligning different user experiences in a cohesive and consistent manner and work on branding it for client specific business needs.
- Conduct A/B tests to validate designs hypotheses and align them with product direction.
- Work in a cross-functional capacity to help drive design thinking and UX between products.
- Ability to work in an Agile (Scrum) environment with changing needs to plan and deliver projects incrementally.
- Work actively with internal and external stakeholders to understand customer needs and pain points, business systems and processes to deliver a good solution.
- Develop user personas and design the UI with a persona-driven approach.
- Contributing to our product road map to help shape and influence vision for current and future products.
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute UX design in time with your team’s software roadmap.
- Brainstorm and evolve feature UX with the PM and wider scrum team.
- Create, maintain, and validate UX artifacts such as Journey Maps, Empathy Maps, User Scenarios, Information Architecture, User Flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups and Prototypes.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Digital Design, UX Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience in Human-centered designs for software solutions).
- Aptitude and experience in design fundamentals like typography, color theory, layout, responsive web design and user-centered design principles.
- Knowledge of current and emerging standards in design trends.
- A strong understanding of Accessible Design (WCAG).
- Experience with common user research and usability testing methodologies and proven ability using data to inform your designs and decisions.
- Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
- Experience with multiple modes of UX Research such as surveys, focus groups, interviews, task analysis, contextual inquiry, card sorting and ethnographic research.
- Highly skilled in design tools, preferably Adobe XD, Marvel, Balsamiq, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote.
- Proven experience working with HTML & CSS.
- Familiar with material design: https://material.io/design.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Familiarity with AODA.
- Knowledge of Team collaboration tools like Trello and Mural.
- Understanding of SASS.
- Experience designing for laptop, mobile and pad