Heavy Equipment Operator
Georgia-Pacific in Bay Springs, MS is searching for a Heavy Equipment Operator.
This position is responsible for safely operating 988 loader and conducting daily operator basic (OBC) of equipment.The successful candidate will have experience managing an orderly rotation of wood and FIFO process of logs.If you enjoy working in a safe principled based team environment, this maybe the career opportunity for you.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Safely operate heavy equipment and other equipment as needed
- Participate in mill safety meetings
- Demonstrate safe work practices
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment to our company culture and philosophy; Market Based Management (MBM)
- Load logs onto decks in safe manner
- Manage log yard inventory
- Meet expectation of proficiency and quality goals
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy environment for extended periods of time that will include lifting (up to 50lbs), walking, climbing, pushing, twisting and stooping
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of six (6) months experience operating heavy equipment which lifts minimum of 30 tons (such as Caterpillar 966/980/988, Taylor T1000/Y80, or Wagner L60/L90)
- A minimum of six (6) months of work experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, construction, farming or warehouse environment OR military experience
- Willing and able to meet the safety and physical requirements of the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- One (1) year or more experience operating heavy equipment which lifts minimum of 30 tons (such as Caterpillar 966/980/988, Taylor T1000/Y80, or Wagner L60/L90)
- One (1) year or more of experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, construction, farming or warehouse environment
- Experience as heavy equipment operator in wood/log yard
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf