Are you a self-motivated, skilled professional with a working knowledge of industrial electrical systems? If so, we might have a position for you! Georgia-Pacific is looking for an Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Mechanic to join our Containerboard team in Monticello, Mississippi. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn new concepts and technologies.
Our E&I Technicians work twelve hour shifts that includes nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Communicating daily work performed and machine conditions via written and verbal documentation
- Troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, and maintaining electrical/mechanical equipment
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Actively participating in our safety program
- Helping the facility meet or exceed production waste and quality goals
- Participating in a preventative maintenance program to ensure machinery uptime
- Communicating with all levels of the organization via reports, email, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings, within a team environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 12 hours a day
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- A two (2) year Technical degree or higher in Electrical Maintenance OR at least three (3) years of electrical or electronic experience in an industrial or military environment
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience operating, monitoring, adjusting, maintaining and troubleshooting machinery
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting electrical controls, PLC’s, AC/DC motors and motor controllers & drives
- Experience troubleshooting D.C.S. (Delta V) systems
- Experience troubleshooting and calibrating pressure, temperature and flow transmitters, control valve positioners and other instrumentation
- Experience troubleshooting Analytical Instruments, P.H., Conductivity, Density, O2, Co, etc.
- Experience working with 2300 volt and 13.8 kV switchgear and protective relays
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits and components
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf