Sr., Process Development Engineer
The ideal candidate for the Sr Process Development Engineering position will have demonstrated experience in optical component & sub-system manufacturing, process development & production line development. Experience with resolving non-trivial technical issues, developing complex automated optical alignment processes, and transferring technology between R&D and Manufacturing. This role has the potential for travel to Asia during product transfer.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for developing and improving manual and automated assembly processes such as optical alignment and bonding
- Work with the R&D team to develop and refine new alignment processes and fixtures and help transfer those processes to the manufacturing engineering team
- Create assembly instructions, process documentation, preventative maintenance plans, and control plans
- Review existing processes & enhance them to improve yield, cycle time & quality
- Choose & evaluate materials and assemblies provided by suppliers according to specifications & quality standards
- Monitor process performance using statistical process control tools
- Key technical liaison to our manufacturing engineering team
- Facilitate the implementation of engineering changes and process improvements throughout product life cycle
- Responsible for resolving technical issues related to optical assembly processes in the design phase working with optical design and reliability teams, as well as in the scale-up phase with Contract Manufacturers (CMs)
- Support production line moves and/or new product introduction by coordinating quality, materials, tools, production line layouts, and process development
- Develop, create & manage Bill of Material (BOM) changes and support ongoing maintenance and accuracy in cooperation with other functions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a technical field
- A minimum of five years manufacturing & development process engineering experience in optical component/sub-system manufacturing or an engineering field
- Experience with a variety of optical test and measurement equipment such as OSAs, polarization controllers, interferometers, TLS, or ASE
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques using modeling tools
- Technical writing experience
- Technology transfer experience
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Do you have a Masters degree or PHD?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf