Sr. Process Development Engineer - Optical Solutions
The ideal candidate for the Sr Process Development Engineering position will have demonstrated experience in optical component & sub-system manufacturing, process development & production line development. Experience with resolving non-trivial technical issues, developing complex automated optical alignment processes, and transferring technology between R&D and Manufacturing. This role has the potential for travel to Asia during product transfer.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for developing and improving manual and automated assembly processes such as optical alignment and bonding
- Work with the R&D team to develop and refine new alignment processes and fixtures and help transfer those processes to the manufacturing engineering team
- Create assembly instructions, process documentation, preventative maintenance plans, and control plans
- Review existing processes & enhance them to improve yield, cycle time & quality
- Choose & evaluate materials and assemblies provided by suppliers according to specifications & quality standards
- Monitor process performance using statistical process control tools
- Key technical liaison to our manufacturing engineering team
- Facilitate the implementation of engineering changes and process improvements throughout product life cycle
- Responsible for resolving technical issues related to optical assembly processes in the design phase working with optical design and reliability teams, as well as in the scale-up phase with Contract Manufacturers (CMs)
- Support production line moves and/or new product introduction by coordinating quality, materials, tools, production line layouts, and process development
- Develop, create & manage Bill of Material (BOM) changes and support ongoing maintenance and accuracy in cooperation with other functions
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a technical field
- A minimum of five years manufacturing & development process engineering experience in optical component/sub-system manufacturing or an engineering field
- Experience with a variety of optical test and measurement equipment such as OSAs, polarization controllers, interferometers, TLS, or ASE
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques using modeling tools
- Technical writing experience
- Technology transfer experience
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Masters degree or PHD
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf