IMMEDIATE OPENINGS at Georgia-Pacific in Clatskanie, OR
Earn an average of $21.47/hour and eligibility for quarterly bonuses with opportunities for overtime
Georgia-Pacific is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Entry-Level Technicians at our Wauna, OR facility. Entry-Level Technicians create value by operating paper manufacturing equipment, performing preventative maintenance, and mechanical tasks in the production of a variety of tissue, towel and napkin products. In this role you may have the opportunity to obtain advanced training giving you the chance to advance in your career and compensation possibilities.
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products facility in Wauna, OR produces a variety of tissue, towel and napkin products. Some of the recognized brands include: Brawny, Angel Soft, Vanity Fair and Sparkle. Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of tissue, including bath tissue, paper towels, facial tissue and napkins. To learn more about our variety of products visit,http://www.gp.com/.
What you will do in your role.
- Learning multiple operator functions in order to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting machinery and equipment
- Driving forklifts to move material around the work site
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Performing mechanical tasks and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning your work area throughout your shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Internalizing and practicing the MBM® guiding principles to create continuous transformation and positive growth
The experience you will bring.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with basic mechanical maintenance and/or machine troubleshooting
- Experience working with computers
- At least six (6) months experience working in an industrial, manufacturing, military, construction, fishing or logging environment
- Advanced degree/certification in engineering, electrical/mechanical systems, paper manufacturing, or reliability
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the pulp and paper industry
- One (1) or more years of experience in maintenance or reliability
High School Diploma or GED
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf