EH&S Specialist (Contract)
We are currently searching for a talented individual that shares our corporate values and beliefs to fill a 1 year contract position in our Uxbridge, Ontario facility.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist - Contract
Koch-Glitsch Canada is looking for a EH&S Specialist to be based out of our Uxbridge, Ontario office. This position will be responsible for the ongoing development, implementation and maintenance of Koch-Glitsch Canada's occupational safety programs, policies and protocols. The individual must be well versed in the best practices, and legislative requirements, of both occupational health & safety and the environment. In addition, the position will be responsible to assist in the development of safe work procedures, facilitating employee training, assessing/controlling/eliminating risks and working actively with leadership and employees to reduce/eliminate accidents/incidents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in occupational health & safety; or equivalent relevant work experience.
- CRSP designation, or in progress, is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant regulations, codes and legislative requirements.
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct work-related experience in a safety role in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in metal fabrication manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience facilitating and leading a Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC).
- Previous experience conducting safety assessments and audits.
- Good knowledge of environmental systems such as, spill control, MSDS, water shed compliance etc.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with employees at all levels within the organization
- Experience in resolving and timely completion of any audit actions.
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and ability to operate competently in proprietary software and reports.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check.
If you have the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you. We thank all applicants in advance, however advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Koch-Glitsch Canada is committed to creating an inclusive culture across the organization by preventing and removing barriers for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.