CFD Engineer / Computational Fluid Dynamics Engineer
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion is seeking a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineer to work in our Smart Combustion CFD Group! This group is part of our Global R&D group with responsibility for technology and product development for our engineering combustion and emissions solutions businesses. We serve the international refining, petro-chemical and power generation markets. The Smart Combustion CFD group is responsible for providing technical support on commercial projects for our OnPoint Solutions business.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with the OnPoint Solutions Team by providing CFD support in deploying custom Smart Combustion solutions for the combustion equipment.
- Other responsibilities include contribution to long-term business growth through technology and product development and working with the business units to leverage CFD simulation capabilities to improve product designs, improve understanding of our products and technologies, reduce process/warranty risk, and assist the order acquisition phase by demonstrating technical superiority and generating innovative solutions for our customers.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Master's Degree or higher in Mechanical, Chemical, or related engineering discipline including strong coursework and/or research experience in CFD, Fluid Mechanics, and the Thermal Sciences
- 1+ years of experience with CFD software such as Star-CCM+, Ansys Fluent or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and understanding of fluid mechanics and the thermal sciences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read complex engineering drawings and generate 3D CAD models from them
- Experience using CAD packages such as SolidWorks, Pro-E, or equivalent
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in Combustion related fields
- Exposure to experimental work
- Experience with scripting in Python and JavaExposure to optimization algorithms
- Passion for automation, machine learning, AI, IIOT and cloud computing
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf