Technical Leader - Pulp
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Leader in our Secondary Fiber (Pulp) department at Georgia-Pacific’s Savannah River Mill. This position will work closely with manufacturing and process engineers, area technicians, and outage coordinator in the development of long-term asset strategies operating standards, work processes, and developing technical knowledge and skill across the department. The role will support the Department Leader in mentoring everyone in the area for operational optimization and long-term success of the pulp mill. This role will report to the Pulp Product System Leader and will have around 4 direct reports.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Mentoring Engineers, Supervisors and Technicians on secondary fiber operation and best practices
- Support the Engineers in the development of Asset Strategies for secondary fiber process equipment including: Condition Based Monitoring, Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, Operating Envelope (centerlines and standards), Operator Basic Care/Zone Ownership and Spare Parts optimization working with the technicians and area engineers
- Support the Engineers, Outage Coordinator and Reliability Coordinator to prioritize equipment repairs and scheduled shutdowns utilizing the Asset Maintenance Work Process to improve the reliability of the assets and quality of the furnish to the Paper Machine
- Coach and develop technicians to reliably operate equipment and processes working with supervisors and engineers
- Work closely with technicians and customers (internal paper machines) to troubleshoot process, quality and equipment issues and evaluate and implement improvement ideas
- Lead improvements in secondary fiber process equipment and associated chemical systems
- Develop, initiate, and support execution of capital projects with area leaders. Provide leadership for training, commissioning and start-up of capital projects
- Support problem recognition and solving efforts as issues arise in the pulp mill and mentor permanent resolution with sustainable systems and practices
- Developing daily cost tracking in usage and efficiency around fiber loss (yield), chemical usage, and wastepaper/virgin fiber recipes for targeted grades on paper machines with area leaders
- Developing quality KPI’s to lower stickies, dirt, and ash across the systems with area leaders
- Controls optimization with engineers and technicians for all pulp operations
- Ability to travel to our other facilities for knowledge shares and project development as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a technical field with 5 or more years of secondary fiber processing experience or 10+ years of secondary fiber processing experience in a technical or leadership role
- Experience optimizing the quality and efficiency of secondary fiber processing equipment
- Continuous Improvement Experience (TPS, Kaizan, Operational Excellence)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years of experience making tissue/towel/napkin or printing and writing grades of recycled pulp
- Experience and knowledge of secondary fiber processing equipment and processes including: Pulping, Cleaning, Screening, Washing, Dispersion, Secondary Fiber Bleaching, Thickening, DAF clarification, Secondary Fiber Chemistry, Filtrate Systems and Energy Optimization
- Experience with Wet End Paper Machine Approach Systems including Cleaning, Screening, Save-all, and Filtrate Systems
- Quality and customer experience in tissue, towel, and napkin products
Experience initiating, executing, commissioning and starting-up capital projects in secondary fiber
7+ years of technical and/or operational leadership experience
PI data historian or equivalent experience with data historian software
Experience using SAP
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf