Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people.
To learn more about our culture, Market-Based Management (MBM®), click here:
Georgia-Pacific LLC is looking for a Business Analyst to support our growth in our Hummingbird® Division, Digital Print Business. The position is based in the Cincinnati, OH area. The Business Analyst will analyze business IT systems, identify key requirements, and validate systems to ensure they meet the needs of our internal customers. They will be expected to establish and maintain positive business relationships with our stakeholders as well as demonstrate a rational and organized approach to documenting and completing projects, providing updates to key stakeholders and executing work plans in a timely manner by accepting personal accountability for project deliverables.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CINCINNATI, OH
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Connecting with the business to develop and maintain strong working relationships, internalizing business strategies, and optimizing value capture while supporting digital transformation
- Working with the business to develop the business case (Venture Summary) on a project initiative.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the business processes and systems
- Working with users to collect business requirements for new applications that automate and optimize processes
- Documenting requirements as user stories that communicate the expectations of the business to the project team, developers, and/or vendors
- Defining project vision and strategy
- Designing creative prototypes according to specifications to help the business confirm requirements
- Driving project deliverables by maintaining, executing, and evaluating project plans
- Working with the business to develop test plans, test scenarios, and test cases that will be used to ensure application changes meet business functional and non-functional requirements
- Performing functional and non-functional testing prior to the launch of product enhancements and troubleshooting application issues
- Working with the business to develop training plans and training materials that will be used in the training of end users on new systems and enhancements
- Managing multiple projects at one time
- Facilitating the resolution of any obstacles that threaten our partnership with internal customers
- Collaborating on business requirements with IT professionals to develop, enhance and support new and existing applications
- Recommending system solutions by analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of a custom developed solution versus purchased alternatives
- Sharing knowledge and experiences with members of the organization
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 5 years of experience in a Business Analyst role
- At least 3 years of project leadership
- Experience working within an agile development environment
- Proven experience with systems modernization and automation that resulted in value creation and streamlining of processes
- Understanding of software design and programming principle
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Advanced Suite (Visio, Microsoft Project, Word/Excel, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or equivalent work experience
- Read, write and understand basic SQL language and database schema
- Experience with BI visualization and/or ETL tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, DOMO, Alteryx
- Experience with Kiwi suite of applications
- Experience managing contracted developers through agile sprint cycles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Virtual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf