Case Clerk, Litigation
Do you have an interest in law or pursuing a career in the legal field? We are seeking a Case Clerk to provide litigation support for our Paralegals and Attorneys. This will be a 1-year position (with possibility for extension) for an individual that has a strong desire to work in a large legal department while deciding whether to pursue a legal career.
Koch Companies Public Sector, LLC, is a shared-services company that provides legal, government and public affairs services to affiliates of Koch Industries, Inc. around the world. Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America according to Forbes magazine. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining and chemicals; process and pollution control equipment and technologies; minerals; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; commodity trading and services; forest and consumer products; and ranching. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 100,000 people.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide support to senior paralegals and attorneys for a wide variety of litigation and arbitration matters.
- Assist with legal hold interviews and preparation of legal holds.
- Manage and organize case files and case calendars.
- At the direction of senior paralegals and attorneys, conduct discovery from initial fact investigation and witness interviews through answering discovery requests and organizing/executing document productions.
- Participate in document reviews conducted in conjunction with anticipated document productions.
- Perform legal research; utilizing LEXIS, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law, and other computer-research databases. Utilize Microsoft programs and technological tools.
- Interact with internal clients and outside counsel; coordinate and exchange information at various phases of litigation case management.
- Draft routine documents for attorney or senior paralegal’s review.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Manage multiple tasks in high-pressure environment with minimal supervision.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in any field -or- within 6 months of obtaining a bachelor’s degree
- An interest in law or pursuing a career in the legal field
Why Work for Koch?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf