Paper Machine Leader
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Group is seeking qualified professionals to consider for a Paper Machine Leader in the Paper Machine Department at the Savannah River Mill operation located in Rincon, GA. The Area Leader has 1-3 direct reports and will have responsibility for 1 paper machine. The individual in this role reports to the Product System Leader and works closely with operations and engineers to create the greatest long-term value for Georgia-Pacific. The successful candidate will be involved with increasing the effectiveness of the asset group by improving reliability, work processes, equipment performance, and team member capabilities specifically within our Paper Manufacturing segment.
The mill is located in a beautiful part of the country in Effingham county with some of the best school systems in the state. It is close to the coast and the great city of Savannah, GA. The mill has established an excellent relationship with its community and participates in many community events. Most of our employees enjoy raising their families here in Rincon, Ga. Some choose to live at the nearby coast with year-round boating and long stretches of beach while others live near or in the great city of Savannah. Savannah is alive any time of year with activities for everyone to indulge. Savannah brims with all kinds of events including: architectural tours, music and food festivals, art exhibits, Civil War Re-enactments, bustling nightlife.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Create and lead an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM® in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles
- Responsible for performance of Paper Machine(s)
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Challenge the status quo to facilitate continuous improvement
- Collaborate across roles and diverse groups, gather and share feedback
- Utilize strong communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills while multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Utilize excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as strategic thinking skills
- Utilize analytical problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot
- Transfer technical knowledge to operators and supervisors in product stream
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering with five or more years of experience working within an engineering, technical or operating role supporting a paper making operation OR in lieu of a degree, ten years of experience working within an engineering, technical or operating role supporting a paper making operation
- Experience setting and achieving short- and long-term goals for self and team
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience applying reliability concepts within a manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Paper Science
- Supervisory experience within a paper machine organization/product system
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in papermaking
- Experience on a tissue machine that uses recycled fiber
- Experience training and mentoring direct reports and other team members
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing tools
- Equipment and/or manufacturing systems reliability experience
- Experience with controls design and strategies for paper machines
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf