Are you a self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven individual? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright in Bay Springs, MS. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. Our Maintenance Millwrights work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Follow all safety and environmental guidelines
- Troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle, and repair industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Perform periodic maintenance routines to identify and correct mechanical defects before they fail
- Maintain operations equipment to achieve optimal performance levels
- Work with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- OR a minimum of one (1) year of experience in mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment AND a two (2) year degree in a mechanical maintenance field
- At least 1 year of experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- At least 1 year of experience using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
- At least 1 year of troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- At least 1 year of experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- At least 1 year of experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience troubleshooting in sawmill/lumber mill
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with fabrication
- Associate degree or higher in an industrial electrical or industrial mechanical field
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf