Georgia-Pacific is now hiring for a Maintenance Planner for lumber mill in Pineland, Texas. As a Maintenance Planner, you will create value by utilizing strong organizational and planning skills to prioritize and plan routine and non-routine work with the proper sense of urgency.
At Georgia-Pacific, we are innovative, we manufacture products that make people’s lives easier, and we provide careers, not just jobs for our employees. We foster a culture that values integrity and compliance more than anything else and we encourage our employees to challenge the status quo. If you are interested in joining our team, you can learn more about our Building Products division at www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Prioritize preventative/predictive maintenance and corrective work on high risk manufacturing processes
- Work with Contractors, Asset Owners, the Materials Coordinator, and the Scheduler to assist in maintenance work prioritization
- Conduct structured weekly planning and scheduling meetings to ensure essential priorities, hand-offs, and deliverables are met
- Partner with asset owners to develop detailed job scope and plan to maximize wrench time
- Review all work orders in MP2 that require formal planning, decide whether a field check is required, and assemble a job plan that includes any specialty service needs, a bill of material, and all necessary permits
- Oversee execution of plans on manufacturing floor and engage with technicians to evaluate plan effectiveness on down days
- Define benchmarks, milestones and tracking metrics to measure continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain an archived job plan library and use to plan majority of work
- Close work orders/work order tasks in the CMMS when the work order or task is complete
- Actively manage backlogs of work to plan and “ready” work to schedule
- Maintain the Bill of Materials for all assets
- Promote a safe and compliant work culture
- Ensure that all work plans are completed and resource needs are identified
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) years or more of experience maintaining pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, bearings, conveyors, gears, pumps, etc. in a manufacturing or heavy industrial setting
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and schematics
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (formatting and editing)
- Working knowledge of industrial plant processes and equipment
- Previous experience working in a CMMS (computerized maintenance management system)
- Physical Requirements: Standing, Walking, Sitting, Bending, Stooping, Working in hot, dusty, humid, manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- A technical degree in a related field
- Prior experience in a maintenance planning and scheduling role
- Previous electrical experience in a manufacturing or heavy industrial setting
- Experience with the MP2
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf