Maintenance Technician (Multi-Craft)
We are recruiting for a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician. This highly skilled position will support our operations efficiency through troubleshooting and maintaining manufacturing equipment and processes. In our culture, employees can thrive and encouraged to create the greatest value for themselves, the organization, our customers, and society.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery, mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, and circuits
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic proactive asset strategies, such as maintenance routes, preventative maintenance, and other tasks to improve reliability and uptime
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, and couplings
- Maintain and troubleshoot pneumatic systems, control devices, hydraulic equipment, circuits and components
- Performing daily preventative maintenance routes
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventive maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Using pipefitting skills to weld, cut, fit and install piping throughout the facility
- Applying problem solving methods to identify the root cause and eliminate failures
Physical Requirements/Other Considerations
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least ten (10) hours a day
- Work in high and/or confined spaces
- Work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- 3+ years of experience with installation, calibration, fabrication, and preventive maintenance in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Experience with single and 3-phase electrical repair and troubleshooting up to 480 Volts
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues and making repairs on bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience reading mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, and pumps
- Experience working with preventative and predictive maintenance
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with fabrication and welding
- Experience with PLCs
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf