Business Development Manager
Molex CoreSync Platform enables Smart Buildings and Smart Campuses, orchestrating disparate building systems such as LED lighting, meeting room management, audio-visual, powered shades, and building automation systems.
This individual reports to the Regional Sales Director (RSD) and is accountable for the growth of CoreSync business in the UK and Ireland, serving as the customer relationship owner. Performance of the role will be measured by sales revenue and gross margin against assigned targets. The BDM will work independently and with Regional Infrastructure BDMs, as appropriate, to coordinate activities and mutually increase sales revenue and market share.
This role will be home based and will involve a large amount of travel, primarily around the UK.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Deliver CoreSync revenue and gross margin as assigned by the Leadership Team
- Expand the CoreSync Channel of Distributors and Alliance Partners
- Partner with CES Infrastructure BDMs in order to increase market share and identify opportunities for joint engagement.
- Respond to basic technical questions that arise during customer engagements
- Cultivate relationships with Smart Building Luminaire, Sensor and Control manufacturers
- Contribute to CoreSync and CES Go-To-Market planning
- Partner with Marketing Team to develop and maintain CoreSync Marketing Plan
The Experience You Will Bring
- Thorough understanding of the Digital/Smart Building industry
- Demonstrated success in capturing business in the Smart Building and/or LED Lighting industry
- Leadership skills to organize a team of peers to respond to bids and sales opportunities
- Experienced with presenting to large groups
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of workdays
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience selling solutions to end-users and influencers
- Experience selling smart lighting control and smart building products