This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon Recycling business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit www.gp.com.
We are seeking an Inventory Planner with excellent communication and critical thinking skills for GP Containerboard’s internal packaging customers. The Inventory Planner will be the primary contact for multiple facilities, and will manage the weekly order process, maintain designated inventory levels, and provide a high level of proactive customer service. Additionally, the position will analyze data and create reports related to inventory builds, distribution center networks, transportation mode mix, and other supply chain related topics. The Inventory Planner will work in a dynamic team environment and communicate with both internal and external contacts.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively and effectively manage internal customer accounts through the supply chain from order generation to delivery with a focus on meeting the customer needs.
- Maintain a strong customer focus and communicate daily via phone or email with internal and external contacts.
- Review mill machine capabilities, schedule orders, communicate and update necessary changes.
- Optimize and control inventory levels at both box plants and warehouses (where applicable) with careful analysis of demand and supply.
- Act as liaison between plants, mills, sales team, accounting, IT, transportation and management.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution related to inventory, order delivery, production, and transportation/logistics.
- Work with a sense of urgency and a high degree of detail and accuracy to respond quickly to customer needs.
- Timely review and approval of external supply invoicing
- Managing concurrent priorities with timely follow up and resolutions
- Traveling to visit customers, offsite warehouses, and GP production facilities to broad knowledge base and build relationships will be expected (about 5% or less of the time)
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel (Must have experience creating and modifying spreadsheets using formulas and ability to analyze data)
- At least 1 year of experience in customer service/sales support or supply chain/logistics
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 2 years of experience in inventory analysis and/or customer service/sales support in a manufacturing business
- Experience with supply chain/logistics in rail and truck transportation
- Experience with an order management system (e.g. Infor, Honeywell, Citrix etc.)
- Knowledge of Excel including PowerPivot, Macros and experience with more complex models
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (ex. Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job posting is no longer active.